Sunday, December 30, 2018

Age And Youth

Hundreds more articles like this can be found
at the Kink Mentoring Archives… Spread the word!


Growing old is instructive and is certainly preferable to the alternative.   I was hoping to attend the  Fetish event with my boy.  But as the old Yiddish saying goes…MEN PLAN AND GOD LAUGHS.
My boy had heard about some event last weekend in Orlando that he was trying to go to.  I told him no I wasn’t ready…He was disappointed, so I told him to go by himself.  He said he’d stay home and take care of me.  What a good boy.  But I  was sorry I was not feeling well enough.  
The age thing between us can be problematic.  I am old enough to be his grandfather.  I am 75 and he’s 28.
Any thoughts on that?
Oh, I have PLENTY of thoughts about that, good man.  Saying something like that to me is like waving a red cape in front of a bull!  😀

When I see a much older man with a younger man at a leather event, and the younger man is clearly pleased with his life, I say the following things to them:

“I am going to talk about you (looking at the older man) as if you aren’t here.”  He reacts with a puzzled look, but agrees.  I say to the younger man “Is this man a blessing in your life?”  The answer is always yes, but with a bit of caution.  I can’t blame him - I am using a very unusual approach.

I continue:  “You are a very lucky and smart man, to connect with a man who is sharing his life-experience and wisdom with you.  Long after he and I are long gone, the ripples of positive change that he has started in your life will keep expanding.”

“My request is that you never miss an opportunity to TELL him what a difference he has been making in your life.  Never take his kindness for granted, or put off sharing blessings for some other day, because that day may never come.”

“Forty years ago, I had older men like him in my life.  They didn’t see what they did as being all that special, but they turned a young, angry and self-destructive Leather Punk into a man of the Tribe.  I can never fully pay them back, but I never stop trying.”

“My request is that you pay HIM back some day, when your beard is white.  When you see a rising new star, and you help him to reach his next level, then you will do proper honor to this fine man.”
I think that says it pretty well.

NOTE:  The technical term for a young man who is attracted to much older men is a “Gerontophile.”  There’s a nice movie about that.  In the old days, we called them “Old Folks at Home-o-Sexuals!” 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment