Thursday, January 10, 2019

Financial Domination FAQ

Hundreds more articles like this can be found
at the Kink Mentoring Archives… Spread the word!



ukstudentalpha: Here goes. A whole post about the nature of fin-dom. Financial Domination is a really, really touchy subject and quite taboo. This isn’t without good cause; there are a lot of ethical issues with the practise. So I’m going to do a FAQ, some myths and truths and then talk about some experiences, including my own, those of my fags and those of the people who have messaged me.

Definition: Financial Domination is the practice of a Dominant figure taking some form of control over a submissive figure’s financial life. This can include setting them a budget, giving them direction on spending, and (most controversially) accepting gifts (cash or otherwise) from them.

Q: “Isn’t Fin-Dom basically just prostitution?”

A: Fin-dom is not a transaction. The submissive figure who offers up a gift of cash is not purchasing anything. The satisfaction on both ends comes from the process of handing over the money in and of itself, not from anything that comes with it. Now, if a submissive offers up money quid pro quo, in exchange for a meeting or picture, or possibly a sweaty jock strap, then that is Sex Work, not financial domination. I don’t necessarily have anything against Alphas who send out items of clothing in exchange for money, but it’s not something I’m interested in (having said that, every man has his price. If we’re talking ridiculous amounts I’d probably accept the cash and donate a portion of it to charity to assuage my conscience, if we’re being realistic).

To give an idea of the experience my fags tend to have, they tend to view the process as being beneficial to them. They tend to thank me for accepting the money off of them, and when they make unexpected savings/bonuses it’s common for them to contact me and offer it up. For them, the feeling of submission is enjoyable to the point of bliss.

Q: “Surely that can’t be ethical?”

A: Well that’s a matter of opinion. Regarding my own ethical stand-point, it’s consensual activity between two adults. If they’re both informed and there is no coercion or deception then there isn’t anything wrong with it.

Q: “Isn’t it a bit sad that you have to beg for money?”

A: I get this. However this isn’t a job, it’s a kink. I don’t actually need the money that fags send my way, I’m living off of my student loan which isn’t that bad. The submission of cash is about power. When a submissive offers up financial tribute it can make them feel far more submissive, and it certainly makes me feel extremely dominant (the most powerful orgasm I’ve ever had from masturbation was after a session of financial domination, and I know of another Alpha with that experience). The fact that I’m currently about 10% of the way to paying off my student debt (£50,000 in total) is simply a bonus that I appreciate on a non-sexual level.

Q: “Aren’t you taking advantage of sick/disturbed/vulnerable people?”

A: I would be taking advantage if I didn’t have strict ethical standards, which many “Alphas” who engage in fin-dom don’t. I won’t accept submission from those who are too poor, or in closed relationships, or don’t enjoy the process of submitting, or have dependents who aren’t already taken care of. But there are self-proclaimed fags/slaves who have self-destructive impulses. They want to be financially ruined because of their self-hatred, and they find that frauds and unethical Doms online are more than happy to fulfill their wish.

Let me be absolutely clear; most “Cash-Masters” are shitty, shallow, and quite often fake. They view accepting fag-cash as an alternative to making their own money. I strongly urge those who are interested in tributing to consider whether the individual they are tributing to deserves the money. If you’re an adult, and you want to give money to someone who legitimately hates you and would never speak to you again if you stopped tributing, that’s your choice. The other important point to keep in mind is whether you feel pressured. If you feel like you are being pressured, take a step back. The experience of “cash-rape” (abusive fin-dom) doesn’t necessitate an abusive Dom who will bully you into handing over money (more than you can afford) every time you speak. I urge you to find someone who knows the limits and is responsible.

If you have experience with fin-dom, good or bad, I’d really appreciate your comments and opinions on the topic. I’ve heard horror stories, and I’ve watched them play out. I’ve seen poor students pressured into handing over cash from their maintenance loan and parents to men in their 30s with jobs. I’ve seen a fag with a substance addiction pressured into indulging it by a Dom who knew that it would make it easier to get cash out of him. There’s fucked up stuff happening, and that’s why it’s important to talk about it.

Master Chuck:


I reblog this because I have the highest respect for ukstudentalpha and I agree with his assessment that Fin-Dom is a taboo and touchy subject. What he has written is balanced, fair and helps me to better understand the Fin-Dom phenomenon, although he did not convert me. I am grateful to ukstudentalpha for shining an objective spotlight on the subject and giving a clearer picture of a very controversial subject.

Papa Tony:

I also endorse ukstudentalpha, who is deep, wise and experienced.  I admire him, and I don't have anything to do with fin-dom these days.  I tried it for a while, and it wasn't for me.  If it's out there, it's best to understand it.



Are people really into cash domination? Like, do people actually spend money on someone they dont know? I try to keep an open mind but I can't help thinking it's beyond stupid...

breederofbetas:

Yes, absolutely. It is a real thing, people really do give money to strangers for the thrill of it.

You didn’t ask, but here’s the short of it. There’s two aspects at play that I can see but everyone has their own reasons and needs.

One is intensity. Financial play is a real intense rush, it’s attached to a real-world thing that we ascribe a great deal of value to. Its loss is felt afterwards allowing the fin sub to feel their play for about a month which is a unique experience among other kinks.

Secondly, there is the feeling that one is literally handing power over. I’m sure we’ve all heard “Money is power”. In this case it literally is for fin subs. Fin subs find it a huge rush to find this guy whom they deem worthy and to add money to him to make him more powerful. The turning over of cash feels like their power is literally being sapped from them and into his pockets. In turn, they’re feeding their perception of his dominance and power. They see that dominance as growing from their contributions like adding a piece of wood to a fire makes it burn brighter.

I’d also like to point out there are other subs who make sacrifices for their dominants all the time. Service oriented subs make a sacrifice of time. There are subs who are not fin subs but occasionally treat their dominants to dinner. Some subs even gift dominants with gear or items that feed their fetish (like new shoes for a sneaker fetishist).

Lastly (and briefly), I’d like to add that in a way this is very much like any other hobby. A use of time and money that many others might consider stupid. I know my parents hate the fact that I’m such an avid gamer. I spend a LOT of time and money on it when I’m not blogging. But like fin subs, I BUDGET for that hobby. I’ve met a number of fin subs who are very conscious of the money being spent and careful about going over.

No one else needs you to get their kink for it to be legitimate. Think what you will, I know financial submissives are used to it.



transpiral: 

what adults choose to do with their money is not controversial. what's controversial is adults who choose to interfere with the choices of other adults.



ukstudentalpha:

Rules for Financial Domination and Tributes

1: Submit what you can afford. Tributes should come out of your Disposable Income.

2: Submit money that you have earned. If you are entirely living off of the State, family members or a friend, your Tribute can’t be financial. Most Students aren’t allowed to submit for this reason.

3: Only Submit Financially if you feel a deep desire to do so. Don’t feel pressured. Don’t feel bullied. Don’t be frightened of saying no to me. For some fags tributing cash or a gift is an intensely sexual experience, some enjoy it in a non-sexual way, and some find it boring or even hate it. If you are in the last group, don’t tribute financially.

No comments:

Post a Comment