Monday, February 4, 2019

Submissives Who Submit To Pain: Four Types

Hundreds more articles like this can be found
at the Kink Mentoring Archives… Spread the word!



Anonymous asked:I don't consider myself a masochist in that I don't derive sexual pleasure from pain, but a part of me craves the challenge of handling what a sadist can dish out. Is that weird? Do sadistic doms take on subs like that, or do they generally want a sub who is masochistic?

Instructor144:

This is a great question. In my experience, submissives who submit to pain as part of their kink with their Dom fall into three categories:

Masochists. These are submissives who derive genuine sexual arousal from pain.

Servants. For some submissives, “Service” takes the form of submitting to pain from which they get nothing, but which they know is a need for their Dom. They view it as “I’m taking it for him” as a way of serving the Dom’s need.

Competitors. This sounds like how you are seeing yourself. They get nothing intrinsically from pain – it doesn’t arouse them – but they get a lot of satisfaction and pride from saying “Is that all you got? Bring it!!” Silently, of course, if they’re smart. ;)

I can’t speak for all sadistic Doms, just for myself. While ideally, I’d prefer an actual masochist, either of the other types are also fine, as long as they approach the thing in the right spirit and it doesn’t devolve into growing resentment over time.

EDIT: Oh crap, I forgot the fourth category: submissives who get no intrinsic pleasure from pain, but who like/need the effect it has on them, of emptying their overactive brains and bringing catharsis.

No comments:

Post a Comment