My book’s first draft. These are stories that nobody else can tell, from a lost part of pre-AIDS gay leathermen's history.
I am the old guy in blue, presiding over a formal celebration.
You can read about this Covering Ceremony, here.
This page will be updated every time that I post something new in the series of my memoirs, so, if you are interested, I invite you to bookmark this page.
- 01: Introduction, including Bestowing Leather, Leather as Self-Expression, and Leather Buffets
- 02: The Beginning, including Coming Out As A Leatherman, My Only Porn Film, and My Leather Entreé into Gay Society
- 03: Sexuality, including The Invention of Masturbation, The Anal Warts That Probably Saved My Life, and THE Most Momentous Decision of My Life
- 04: Coming Out To My Family, including The Angry Fucking Leather Rebel Comes OUT, Understanding the Cognitive Dissonance, and My Nephew, My Son, My Boys, My Protégés
- 05: Seeking Mentors, including The Fruit Loop, My Introduction To Flogging, and Entering the Blue-Ribbon Party Circuit
- 06: Discovering the Secret Elders, including I Meet The Secret Elders, And It Doesn't Start Well, The Concentration Camps, and Our Legal Marriage
- 07: Openly Gay in the 1970's Military, Part One, including The Two Master Chiefs, The Happy Bar in Olongapo, and The Marriage Trap
- 08: Openly Gay in the 1970's Military, Part Two, including How I Got Away With It, The Bad Annual Review, and Sex Between Sailors: Buggery on the High Seas
- 09: Funny and Fun!, Part One, including Pedigree Dog Food, Pogey-Bait and Cocker Spaniels
- 10: Funny and Fun, Part Two, including Uhh - Where's All The Women?, Piggy George and the Crisco, and Ten-Inch Coils
- 11: I Invented Leather Pride, including The Holocaust Phase, The Underlying Motive and Preaching and Exhorting
- 12: Giving Permission, including Giving Permission As A Guiding Philosophy, The Two Oranges and Colt Models
- 13: Tales of Assless Chaps, including Sterling of West Hollywood, International Mr. Cheeks & Chaps and My Only Experience As A ProDom
- 14: The Most Unethical Titleholder Contest In History, including Something Seriously Wrong With Me, My Guiding Principles, and Omens And Evil Signs
- 15: Gayborhoods, including: Mobility Created The Gayborhoods, Cops Harassing The Gay Bars, and LGBTQ Junior High Arrives At Last
- 16: Celebrating 27 Years of Marriage
- I Have A Confession To Make: I Am Afraid To Tell My Stories - The pain is too terrible
- Skin Hunger and Maintenance Hugs - Explaining my defining philosophies.