Monday, September 10, 2018

New Traditions, History & Mentoring

Hundreds more articles like this can be found
at the Kink Mentoring Archives… Spread the word!



Going deep into mentoring as a goal and a noble activity. These are articles that I consider to be of value, based upon the responses that I have received.

You can find the Master Index for every category here.

This page is only one of many categories.  There are HUNDREDS of articles, and each list continues to grow longer and longer.

I hope that you find these articles to be of value in your life.




Mentoring vs. Role-Modeling - There IS a difference.

Am I a "Creepy Uncle," Too? - If our culture is going to get better, we want to identify, praise and encourage good men as visible role-models.  It's counterproductive to only point at the bad ones and say "GET HIM, everybody!"

Leather Elder: Peter Fiske - I wanted to highlight his audio history, so that you could hear him in his own words.  He also has a nice book about his collection of over 1,000 whips, crops, paddles and other forms of Percussion Play.

Guy Baldwin on Old Guard - I was looking through the Leatherati archives, and ran across this classic article.  I agree with Guy, though my history in the scene is not as long as his.  It’s a topic worth covering.

Guy Baldwin's Further Thoughts on Community and Old Guard - Sacred Cows Make The Best Hamburger (2002), Radsex Rising Tide Turbo Pervo Tonic (2004), Herd Any Cats Lately? (2011)

Talking More About Master’s Caps, Ceremonies and Declarations - My interest in the matter comes from my Guardian. He’s spoken about how he wishes to be capped someday but doesn’t see that ever happening.

Learning Gay Men’s History - Recommended reading Material

House Slaves On Duty - The outline for a successful Formal Leather Dinner

Creating a Celebration... Earning a Master's Cap - I’m always on alert for the new, rising star. If my intuition clangs like a bell, my head whips around, and I focus upon the person who is practically vibrating with talent and possibilities…

Why I Train Tops On A Constant Basis - There aren’t enough Mentors to go around. If we leave things the way that they are, there never WILL be enough kind, wise, experienced and self-confident dominant Elders, Mentors, Leaders and Role-Models…

THIS* Is Why I Mentor Doms - Blessing a fine protégé. A newly-certified Sir shares a powerful story, with commentary…

The Path Toward Wisdom - If you are doing it right, it is an upward path

A Punishment - A successful scene, done well.

How To Be An Elder, And Set The Tone For Your Community - I wish every older gay man would take this to heart. Creating new traditions, to replace the ones that were lost

How to Attract and RETAIN Younger Men in the Gay Leathermen's Community - It worked in San Diego

Master's Cap and Whip Presentation - It's a blurry video, but it's a nice bit of history. I was celebrating several wonderful kinky brothers who had studied, and worked hard to learn how to be high-quality Sirs...

Supporting New Kinky Talent - Taking on protégés as a Mentor. Anonymous asks: When you're talking to a younger guy, dom or sub, what feature makes them stand out as someone you should talk to more or keep an eye on?

Pictures and Video from the Ritual Fire Event - Tribal pleasure and fiery fun!

Leather Protocols And History - My brother Mentor's history lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment