Tuesday, December 25, 2018

*THIS* Is Why I Mentor Doms

Hundreds more articles like this can be found
at the Kink Mentoring Archives… Spread the word!



Papa Tony:

I have a lot to say about the following post, by dissecting it lovingly, point by point, in italics. You will see why.

 I am VERY proud of my brother. I have been his mentor for months, and want to bless him publicly for his progress, which he earned the right way:

breederofbetas:

At the beginning of this month, I had invited along a few local doms and subs I know through tumblr and sex to go with me to the Sigma Dungeon here in DC. The intent was to give everyone invited a bit of exposure to the space and know that they could go and feel safe with someone they know a bit. If they wanted they were welcome to play as well.

He is being a Community Leader, enrolling others to stretch out their experiences into new areas. He is creating this exciting new possibility in a way that makes it as nonthreatening as possible.

I’ve also been practicing my flogging with my beloved mentor @papatonyinsandiego and he’s been an incredibly helpful and patient teacher. Having learned a great deal from him, I primarily wanted to go and show off my flogging skills that I learned. Most of the people I invited along came, and we settled in for the social hour. I did my initial demo and I think it went quite well, but that’s not why i’m writing this post. I had a few experiences. One was more personally satisfying and hot, but one was just a particularly fulfilling play session and I wanted to talk about it.

He has practiced on inanimate objects, and has been “certified” by me as being ready to take it on the road. Actual humans are ready for his expertise!

The guy I played with had a tattoo in the center of his back and was otherwise a fit, average man in his early 40s. I was first moving between one part of the dungeon and another when one of the men said “that’s him” as i passed. I looked at them both and they looked away. I moved into the seating area and was chatting with some of the guys present and had a boy I know seated next to me. The boy with the tattoo came in and looked a little nervous so I encouraged him to plop down on the couch and join us. I had just finished telling a funny story when the man i’d passed in the hallway that pointed me out poked his head in. “Did you ask him?” he prodded. “No, he just finished his story. But uh, this guy told me that you had demonstrated a two handed flogging technique and I was curious about it. I wasn’t here yet when you showed it off.” said the tattoo’d boy. “Oh you want to get flogged? Absolutely, let’s go!” I said and hopped off the couch.

Word gets around FAST when a capable, high-quality Sir shows up and shows his stuff. I talk about “The Zone” in my instructional video. I am referring to the crowd that watches an ongoing scene silently, and with big eyes. Behind those eyes, decisions and judgments are being made. Then afterward, folks compare notes, and if the Sir has been superb, then plans are made to find out more.

I briefly showed him what it looked like, and how it was done. And then asked if he’d like to feel it for himself. “Have you been flogged before?” I asked. “Yes Sir, but it was a long time ago.” he replied. “Not a problem. I’d like you to put your hands up against that Saint Andrew’s cross. I’m going to give you a few light hits of increasing intensity and I want you to tell me on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being utter agony) what those hits are for you so I know how hard you need me to play. Then when I’ve calibrated to how hard you’d like to be hit, give me a number you’d not want to go past.” I said. We calibrated in a few minutes and then I asked if he was ready to begin. He nodded and gulped.



Due to stereotypes, flogging in particular has a nasty reputation. I have flogged thousands of bottoms, and the newbies are always terrified.

I strode over to him and ran my hands all along his back. I traced curves, varied the pressure and intensity of my touch. I nuzzled my lips into his neck and then moved my mouth to his ear. “Are you nervous?” I whispered. His voice quavered “Yeah a little Sir.” I chuckled “Nothing to be nervous about boy, I’m going to take the very best care of you.”

He is making an unambiguous declaration. This is deeply powerful. He wasn’t using Weasel Words like “If I can” or “I will try.” This shows that he is a man of integrity. This is hot, spicy and attractive stuff for lonely subs.



And I reached my arm around the front of his chest, and pulled him against me. His ass cheeks pressed against my waist and there was maybe a second or so before he started grinding them against my pants covered crotch. “Now, now boy it’s not time for that yet.” I whispered. and slapped his ass. “If you’re that eager, let’s begin!” and I pushed off him and grabbed my twin flogs.

As I say elsewhere, subtle build-up is what sophisticated Sirs do. Sex is easy, and will arrive soon enough. What is being offered here is a higher level of intimacy than is usually provided. Incidentally, I review those same floggers here. They are thirty bucks each.

I started off with a single hand in a simple figure eight pattern and then switched to a downward circular rotation and transitioned that right into my Florentine style flogging. I kept the blows fast but light, brushing against his skin. I transitioned fluidly through styles, speeds, intensity, varying the experience across the entire performance.

After a couple of months of coaching and visual evaluations over Skype, we had added many types and styles of flogging to his repertoire. He knows at least nine advanced forms of flogging, and can constantly transition fluidly from one to the other without conscious thought. This is a talent that will never leave him. It’s all in Muscle Memory.

After maybe 10 minutes of beating the boy’s breathing was getting a bit inconsistent, and then a few more minutes later a bit ragged. I gave him a final intense strike and set my flogs aside. I walked right up to him, pressed my body to his back. “Hey there champ. You need a break?” I whispered. “Actually Sir, I think I’m done. I’m sorry to have wasted your time.”

This is a perfect example of a “Stoic” sub. He hasn’t learned how important it is to give the Sir honest, continuous feedback. Luckily, our brother Dom is keenly perceptive, and hyper-focused on the sub’s body-language and breathing-patterns.

He started to walk away. “STOP RIGHT THERE. Come back here and give me a hug.” He immediately turned around and very quickly collided with me. I stroked his hair “Hey, you did great. Thanks so much for playing with me. It was a lot of fun. Well done.” I assured him. He fucking melted into me. He buried his face in the crook of my neck and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back. “I’m not letting you go until you let me go.” I told him. He sighed “I really needed that Sir. I feel amazing.” I smiled. “Then just stay here and hold onto me as long as you need.” We continued to hold each other for another minute or two and then he released me and left the club. I’ll probably never see him again. It was amazing.

It was amazing, because the Dom CREATED the possibility of the scene going that well. He steered the scene through any number of possible breakdowns, using seduction, feedback, mastery of his craft, observation and intelligence.

Further Feedback from Papa Tony:

Oh, Lordy - NOW I’m going to have to get some MORE of these Golden Stallion Awards, because I’m starting to run out again!



Actually, if he lived here in my town, I would be happily planning a special ceremony in his honor.

Our wise, intelligent and talented brother @breederofbetas has been under my mentoring wing for a few months. He lives 2,682 miles (4,316 kilometers) away from me. We have been using Skype and recording videos, and communicating back and forth across the distance. We have never met face to face. When that happens, there will be hugs.

So, what makes him qualified to wear a Master’s Cap, bequeathed by a mentor?

He has proven that he has the heart, the sensitivity, the moral foundation and the emotional balance that would make him a superstar in any community. I wish that there were 50,000 more of him, but even that would not be enough to fill the need in our Tribe.

I am not a hyper-traditionalist, insisting that Sirs are ONLY allowed to wear a cap that they have earned. Given that I am the only Mentor on the West Coast who DOES that, I would really rather that a handsome, confident man wear one with my blessing, anywhere and everywhere. We have a lot more work to do before there are enough Mentors to go around. Let’s not hassle each other.

I am proud of you, brother. Let’s talk.



What he posted before we completed his ceremony:


I froze in my scrolling through the dashboard when I saw this image. I was reminded once again that under the expert mentorship of @papatonyinsandiego, I had distinguished myself in the eyes of a man of 40 years of experience in BDSM to such a degree that I too will soon earn the honor of placing this cap upon my head. This man’s eyes are obscured and that connects with me all the more as I know that I will be unlikely to restrain my deep pride and honor from manifesting as wet tears upon my face. In this year, 2018, a decade after I first created my Recon profile beginning my journey as a dominant I can finally call myself a fully fledged dominant. I recommend on this day you all seek shelter as my ego triples in size! I fear the peasants will be crushed. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment