Friday, December 28, 2018

Ropey Beginner’s FAQ

Hundreds more articles like this can be found
at the Kink Mentoring Archives… Spread the word!



theropegeek:
How do I find people to tie with?
Go to RopeBite.com to find casual/educational meetups, or make a Fetlife account and search for “[My City] Rope.”  Classes, Munches or Skill Shares are a good place to start.
But I’m shyyyyyyyyyyyy
I can relate.  But the bright side is, those events tend to be EXTREMELY newbie friendly.  When I ran a monthly rope event, we probably had an average of 2-3 people per month who wandered in like “This is my first time…..  so uhhhh…..  how do I…. like….  do this?”
Trust me, at a place like Rope Bite, they’re used to that.  Going without a partner is probably ok too; just be polite.  More herehere, and here.
What Rope Should I Buy?  
Here’s my short answer
Here’s a more comprehensive breakdown of different rope types
How much rope do I need to tie someone up?
3 to get someone tied up,
5 to really have some fun,
7 for most non-suspension applications.
How long should ropes be?
When in doubt, you sorta can’t go wrong with 25-26 feet (about 8 meters).
But, Your Ideal Length actually depends on a couple of things.
Also, different tying styles tend to prefer different lengths.
Personally, I prefer 23 feet for most of my ropes (Here’s why)
Can heavier people be suspended?
Totally.  I’m personally like, moderately pudgy? I’ve been suspended on numerous occasions.

Learnings and Stuff

Video Tutorials an incomplete list of my favorites
All About Cutting Tools to keep handy when you tie someone up
Ropey Book Recommendations.  and also this.
Photography Tutorials.  First one Second one.  Also this.
Suspension Rigs / Anchor Points Breakdown


Nerve Safety

Upper Limb Nerve Safety: The Basics (by me)
Nerve Safety Breakdown (also by me)
Lower Limb Nerve Safety (presentation by me, with special help from @ropebaby​)
Anatomy for Rope (youtube video by ipCookieMonster and friends)
Nerve Injury Reference Card (from Frozen Meursault; original source here)

No comments:

Post a Comment