Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Internet Safety Tips

Hundreds more articles like this can be found
at the Kink Mentoring Archives… Spread the word!



temptingdominance:

Amidst all of the wonderful images that tingle you from your spine to your senses, I need to take a moment and talk about something important. I need to impart some fatherly advice – and yes, for this moment, you can call me, Daddy.

BDSM has taken great strides to become a normal, regular expression of desire, emotion, and sexuality, and while impressive changes have occurred, there are still many elements that are subdued. I recognize that the internet remains the single greatest resource for Dominants and submissives to find each other. It can offer a non-judgmental forum for the discussion of interests. However, it is important to remember the world is not a place free from cruelty and malfeasance. I am largely talking to submissives here, but my comments are equally spread around. You need to remain vigilant about protecting yourself.

There are bad people in this world. There are abusers. There are extortionists. There are creepy people who follow you with the sole intent of collecting your pictures.

I have received my share of distasteful messages, to put it lightly, and I know many boys receive terrible things too. You know that those messages don’t define you. I don’t dismiss that they can hurt, but you know that one idiot does not reflect all the wonderfulness that is you. But one can start as a simple sweet message and quickly turn into harassment.

Now I want to turn to something we all know exists but we don’t really talk about because we get so focused on the fulfillment that tumblr can offer. For many boys, tumblr offers an expression to your sexuality. It allows you to connect people who share your interests across the broad spectrum of BDSM. This is especially true when you struggle to find people who live near you. However, online exploitation is a real threat.

I often encourage using common sense and trusting your gut when it comes to BDSM sessions. I want you do the same when comes to online interactions. I hope share some common sense tips with you today. I am not doing this to get on a high horse. As a Dominant, I care very deeply about submissives. I understand you have a more tender heart and you try so hard to please – which is prime for people to take advantage of. My advice here is centered on individuals who have NSFW blogs and submissive-centered blogs.

Never share your full name. Until you have known someone for a long time. I don’t care how you feel. It doesn’t matter if there is an instant connection. Guard your identity.

Do not publicly post enough information for someone to track you down. Don’t list your city, your job, and where you can be found. Don’t make it easy for a creeper to track you down. In other words, don;’t give them enough dots to connect. It is fine to say you live in San Diego, but don’t say you are on the executive board of the lgbtq community center.

Do not provide your cell phone number. Use a messaging application. I don’t care if you are really feeling it. Things can change very fast. Sweet can turn to scary on a dime. Always start with an app, then move to texting.

Do not post photos that are going to also placed on a website that contains information about you (e.g. facebook, school website). Remember google image search. They can and will find you.

It is okay to be reserved with face photos. You do not have to post naked, full face photos to have a great blog. Of course share it when you have made a friend. But my point is that, you can be reserved and that’s okay.

One message doesn’t make submission. Often “real alpha men” message a submissive and demand pictures and offerings. To hell with that. Your submission is to be earned.

Now there is a caveat here that I know everyone is a little different. Some people are a lot more comfortable and confident about sharing information. And what’s okay. My goal in writing this is that you take steps to guard yourself. I wish everyone was wonderful, but there are some bad apples and I don’t want anything to happen to you.

Your submissiveness should go to someone who deserves it, not someone who will take advantage of it.

Now back to our regualrly scheduled sexiness.

service2smmbybj:

sometimes its scary what some people will share on-line with perfect strangers. these things may seem common sense but there are some out there who get caught up in the moment and forget some simple safety reminders. you never know what the person on the other side of the screen is like, so use caution until you have met in person and have learned to trust HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment