Thursday, January 3, 2019

Working With Another Dom

Hundreds more articles like this can be found
at the Kink Mentoring Archives… Spread the word!



Dyger:

Recently, the boy and I met another Dom and have had a couple scenes with him. It is something I’ve been wanting to do, but also something that I have been a little apprehensive about. We’ve had scenes with other subs that have been very enjoyable, but in those situations, the power dynamic is straightforward; two subs submitting to me.

The lines of control are clear, I have complete authority over what happens in the scene. With another Dom, the lines of control do not converge, and the scene would have two directors. Still it was an experience I wanted the boy to have, so we went forward.

The result was an incredible experience for the boy, and also for me. The Dom that joined us was incredibly skilled and had a compatible view of the role and responsibilites of subs and Doms to my own. That made it easier for us to work together.

What was amazing was the opportunity to share the direction of a scene, and get insight into how someone else approaches Domination. It was so much fun being able to learn from someone who had a different skill set, and at the same time contribute my own skills. I got so much pleasure from watching my boy respond to another Dom.

As for my boy, the experience of submitting to two Doms was incredibly powerful. He fell so deeply into subspace, it was beautiful. Another aspect was the feeling of shared responsibility. Being able to step back for a moment and watch the scene progress without my direct action was so enjoyable and freeing. Knowing that there was shared responsibility allowed me to relax a bit more and enjoy the scene.

Overall it was an incredible growth opportunity to me. I gained some insight into some techniques I would like to master (definitely need to start building some rope skills), but also allowed me to reflect on my Dom persona, and gain some insight about what I want to keep, improve and discard.

It was also a wonderful boost to my self esteem to be in a situation with a peer and be able to work effectively as a partner. It was a great reminder of how kink is a journey, and the fun is in the learning and growth that happens the more you explore and make connections.

hadriantemple:

We doms needs to do things like this. Experienced doms need to share their skills and wisdom with each other, to help nurture the younger doms. As @dyger notes, it requires sharing the power in the scene, but I've learned an enormous amount when I worked with other doms. 

Talk with the other Dom beforehand and figure out the scene. Maybe that means scripting it a bit more than you normally would, or maybe it just means deciding how your two skill sets can fit together. Maybe it means one dom taking the lead and the other helping or just watching. But there is a great deal of pleasure in watching a fellow dom do what he does, and the joy of men being men together can be profound. 

And almost every boy I know loves the idea of having more than one dom using him.

Papa Tony:

In the process of training new Sirs, I have shared many, many scenes.  My slaves know that their submission to other Sirs is part of the job description.  They always feel safe, entertained and valuable.  I make sure of that, and other Sirs would never DREAM of disrespecting or over-doing anything with my valued slaves.

I have been saying for years that human beings are just Troop Monkeys... Pack Apes, who learn by observation.  This means that you COULD try to learn by reading a lot of web-pages, or watching Youtube videos, but there's no better way to get the sense of the FLOW of a scene than by being present and attentive when new pleasures arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment