Saturday, January 5, 2019

Titles & Honorifics

Hundreds more articles like this can be found
at the Kink Mentoring Archives… Spread the word!


By Sir Alex - (See other posts by Sir Alex):

Everyone in the scene has preferred titles but it isn’t simply about preference, it is also a part of identity and can sometimes tell you about the person you’re dealing with.

Dominants often use: Sir, Alpha, and Master

Submissives have used: Boy, Faggot, Bitch, and Omega.

Personally, i choose Sir. I choose Sir because it is formal, using it means speaking respectfully to me. I do not use Master. Aside from feeling a bit theatrical to me, i do not feel i have earned the title “Master”. I have not mastered many skills yet and to an extent i personally believe there is always more to learn so i’m not sure “Master” would ever fit me.

Under @betabreeder, i did an entry about the differences between fags, boys, and omegas. While i do believe in what i wrote, i primarily was writing about the motivations of submissives as i see them relate to the titles as i’ve experienced them in the wild. Understanding those motivators is very important and in fact, had i not taken the time to understand @bredbeta, he would not be my boy today. His primary motivator is respect and his preferred title is boy.

When you meet someone and you don’t know what else to say, it is a useful kick starter to ask what their preferred title is.

Have a question or need a friendly ear? 

Ask me anything about BDSM at BDSMadviceAlex AT gmail DOT com

And please, repost my answer if you liked it so others who need to hear this can find it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment